This profound truth of the Now Gen comes our friend Pastor Erick Penn in Three…
Donna Hostetler, April 4, 2016
“Spring cleaning” is on! It’s also a great time to take a look (and smell) at your children’s ministry or student ministry areas. As consultants we arrive at a variety of facilities and see what guests see, sometimes good and sometimes not.
Consider this “Spring Clean” checklist:
- How easy is it for guests to locate your children’s or student’s facility? Are there clear directional signs? (Are there guides at service times?)
- How does your facility smell? Yes, smell? Is there a lingering odor from previous Sundays, last Friday night’s event? Is there a smell of diapers or mustiness?
- Are the carpets stained, stretched, snagged or well worn? Are vinyl floors skid-marked?
- Do the rooms and contents look organized or are there stacks of supplies, miscellaneous piles, lost and found?
- Are monitor screens showing current information?
- Are wall or counter flyers/posters current?
- Are bulletin boards attractive and seasonally up-to-date?
- Are the toys dirty or room equipment broken?
- Do rooms or hallways need a fresh coat of paint? Are they marred, needing touch-up?
It’s easy to overlook any of the above. But your guests will notice. Think about your own perceptions when you walk into a restaurant for the first time. You’re looking for the “A”. The same is true for parents leaving their children or students in your facility. Time to clean up!